View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #73
WitchOfDoubt

(TimovieMan: Interesting thoughts! I think you're starting to think about this in the right way, at the very least - looking for patterns in the relationships between characters and thinking about motivations.)

"Then we are done." said the Witch of Secrets. The chessboard of the Witches materialized before her, floating at waist-height. "These pieces have been amusing, but..."

"Come, now," said the Sapphire Witch, fingers knotted together. "Give them a little more time."

Ignoring the request entirely, the Witch of Secrets raised her crimson scythe high to reap the board of 2011 and claim it forever. And then -

Quote:
Perhaps a COMMA?
With a crash, the scythe-blade shattered into a spray of ruby crystals!

For a second, the Witch of Secrets gaped with shock. Shock gave way to anger, and then to a sneer, and finally to an unreadable frown. "Do you know how long it takes to create such an intricate spell?" she said, with a blandness worse than obvious malice. "I'm impressed."

She did not sound impressed.

It was now obvious, in light of Intense Degree's answer, that the comma separated the words 'heart', 'soul', and 'mind,' but Miss Cox took it upon herself to explain the remainder of the solution:

In a letter, the 'Dear' and departed above
Have a comma, and so does the closing of 'Love'.
In speaking, a comma's a pause for a breath,
And in those very lines, one is followed by 'Death.'

But Intense Degree wasn't done yet. He began a second line of attack against the other spell of the Witch of Secrets.

Quote:
Unsure of the first line, the second may refer to soliloquys within the play so the audience can hear what the character of thinking.
The tension gathered, and the Sapphire Witch nodded almost imperceptibly

Quote:
The answer might be H
The Witch of Secrets attempted to look nonchalant, but involuntarily held her breath...

Quote:
obson.
The Witch of Secrets smiled. "No, not it at all. I do believe that the Human Side has run out of tricks!"

Last edited by WitchOfDoubt; 04-17-2012 at 10:28 PM.