Adventure Forums - View Single Post - The Two Guys from Andromeda return (and launch Kickstarter campaign)
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #24
thejobloshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
The message I'm getting here and in other threads is: You can trust the Big Names because they're Big Names. But if you put your trust in less well-known project creators and they take a loooooong tim to deliver, well that's your own fault for not Goooogling enough and not noticing shortcomings.
Well, that's not my message, is it? What I was saying is nasty quotes people say on the Internet is not the best way judge the quality of a project. Look at that Phil Fish twerp who released Fez this week. He's an unlikable prat but that doesn't negate the wonderful game he made and released (eventually).

I feel like the message I'm getting from you is "stop being positive, because you'll probably get screwed over." In my mind that's a much less refined way to evaluate something than doing SOME searching on Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I assume you've done your research, so have they? And let's not forget they were employed at the time, not independent developers.
Well, Mark Crowe has been working for an independent developer for a while now so I don't doubt his professionalism. I'll be able to make a better judgement when they talk about what they're actually pitching.