View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #117
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
I think you guys are out of your minds if you are going paranoid on Lowe and Jensen because some unknown indie took your money and ran. It is utterly preposterous to think that an industry professional with a reputation to uphold and a career to mantain would bury himself like that.
Like I already have said many times, I backed someone who is well-known in his field of expertise, whether you've heard of him or not. That was the context when I used the words Big Names. And yes, I do think that lots of things may go wrong with big projects, even with a 3.3 million game. But although I am bitter about the whole Kickstarter thing, I don't mean to hurt the Pinkerton and Larry projects.

Quote:
Really... It is actually quite unfair to put kickstarter and these developers we love down because of what Logas did.
Interestingly, you're the one who told Logas she didn't need to apologize as long as she was still working on the project. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that!

Kickstarter protects project creators in many ways. You don't want the world to know that your project is not going well? All you have to do is make your updates accessible to backers only. Of course Kickstarter does absolutely nothing to protect backers, that's not in their best interest.