View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #37
DomStLeger
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman View Post
Wow, there really are a lot of people with money to burn here. Good for you guys, in such a poor global economy. I bet you must give a lot to charity to, seeing as you love good causes so much?
Well to be fair that's the other benefit of kickstarter - the entry level is relatively low ($15-30 is ok to me, but then I do live in the UK where everything is often comparatively expensive vs abroad so perhaps its not the same elsewhere?) so that hopefully its not beyond most peoples incomes to be able to take part occasionally if they want. I doubt many people choose higher price brackets or pledge to more than 1 project.

However I totally accept that not everyone would want to go the Kickstarter route; people can still buy the game after its released once its no longer an unknown quantity. Kickstarter is not a charity; its better looked at as a 'micro-investment' for a luxury item, something which people would only do if they can afford it.

Its not begging either; I expect something in return for that money - if the developers all just took a big holiday in the Caribbean instead then I think most people would be pissed and cry fraud! But that could also be Kickstarters eventual downfall - imagine what will happen if the projects deliver something the backers don't like or don't believe is what they were sold - legal quagmire here we come? I think that's why you should only pledge if you can afford to and don't mind the possibility that you might not like what you've bought!
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!