View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #77
tsampikos

If you haven't noticed @WitchOfDoubt, I am not refering to ancient adventure games like the Infocom Text Adventures, where actually doesn't matter if there is a male or female protagonist because you don't see anything, but plain text. Back then the female gamers were practically non existent. So it is somehow funny after all these years of gaming history that the female gamers "wake up" suddenly and say "hey where are the female sprites". I am refering to the 2000-2012 period where the numbers have changed and the female gamers are more than ever. And this is a fact. "Leaning towards male" doesn't count. There is only both or one of them. This "leaning" is probably because of the game scenario and nothing more.

But if you want to talk about older games here you are.

1) Wonderland (Magnetic Scrolls)
2) Laura Bow 1-2
3) King's Quest IV
4) Legend of Kyrandia 2
5) Fascination
6) Lost in Time
7) Alice: An interactive Museum
8) Elvira 1-2
9) D
10) Phantasmagoria
11) Larry 3 (Both male-female)

Oh, and I forgot to mention the return to mysterius island 1-2 games, in the 2000+ games list. Alone the Nancy Drew games+Carol Reed games are more than the half of your mentioned 50 Adventure games. So i think that your numbers do not speak the truth. If the casual adventures are counted too then the scene changes completely and the games with female protagonists are more than the ones with male protagonists.

And there are also the games with couples like Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Secret Files,Memento Mori, Alternativa and more.

Female gamers should be satisfied.

Last edited by tsampikos; 04-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.