View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
WitchOfDoubt

Quote:
ok i will but the story aside and just talk about a good puzzle, for me it is this with one with a sort of chains of reactions .. i need open a door and the key is in a drawer, the drawer is surely locked but to open it i need to make a favor to someone, he is hungry , so i go to the woods collect mushrooms he doesn't like them raw so i need fire ...and so on and maybe when he gives me the key for the drawer, and when i use it gets broken i need to fix , ..... kindda like the King's Quest's and Whispered World Puzzles
This can go both ways for me. If I feel like the game is letting me make a plan, and that plan makes sense for my character, I like it. But other times, it feels to me as if the designers just tacked on another puzzle to the chain to lengthen it.

If I have to trade the saw for a hammer, what did that really do for the story? Why not just give me the hammer first? It's not as if it's hard to figure out.

Quote:
i just love complicated things when every thing you have in your inventory it not what it seems to be,.. a key doesn't mean i will use to open a door, naah maybe its gold and i have to melt it and transform it to something else, a shovel doesnt mean i will dig a grave but maybe i can use it hold or keep and window from closing.
Totally.

It's really great when a game makes you use an item more than once in clever ways! For example, maybe you use the shovel to dig, then you use it to hold open a window, and finally you dress it in a wig and googly-eyes to make a bride for the Shovel King.

Best example of using a standard inventory item/spell in wonderful ways: the Draft of Opening in Loom. How many ways does Bobbin find to use that spell, and its reverse, through the game? It'd be a spoiler to say any details, but it is amazing.