View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #44
Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNaomi View Post
I never said anyone needs to be glorified because of their sex life. Just not getting nasty comments or looks would be enough.
You are confusing human nature with an imaginary gender bias. Trust me, you will get "nasty comments or looks" for much less than that regardless of your gender and lifting the banner of radical feminism isn't changing anything anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNaomi View Post
As for the forced equality argument, what are the things that men have that you don't think women are capable of having?
How about the things that women can do and men can't? I'm sure before you finish reading the sentence you will think of many. Please, don't stray from rational thought. Men and women are different an it is an insane folly to indicate otherwise. Really, the difference is not in terms of superior/inferior as feminists seem to consider(and take offense). You don't have to fight it.

But oh, I don't want this to get out of hand. I don't think I have been offensive but I know PC types are real sensitive. Naomi, how about we shake hands and quit this senseless off-topic discussion and get back to discussing female lead characters in videogames? This really isn't leading nowhere.

I think you will find this humorous comparison between men and women enlightening though. Feel free to comment it. Words by the great Al Lowe:

http://www.allowe.com/Humor/book/Men%20versus%20Women.htm