View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Kurufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
However, we will not be able to import any content into these new forums, and so the current forums will be turned into a read-only archive.
Well, that sucks. That really, really sucks. For what it's worth, I wish you had picked a new forum system that allowed importing the vBulletin stuff, even if that meant something less fancy than whatever you've chosen.

(I know that's not constructive or anything, but, well, putting years and years of threads into some archive where they'll be forgotten really, really, really sucks.)

Oh, and while we're on the topic of criticism, I hope the awful narrow layout will be gone (for the forums; I don't mind it for the main site), in favour of something wider (ideally using the full width of the screen). When the current design was introduced, I spent time tweaking the css until I got something that was usable, but I'd rather avoid having to do that again.

(Yeah, I guess I'm really not in a good mood today.)
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]