View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #28
Intense Degree
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
no doubt that Tim had started something great (reliable and actually needed) as a role model for a lot of others to follow....
I used to be an Adventurere like you.

Then I took a Kickstarter in the knee!

I think that the Kickstarter thing has been a good phenomenom on the whole, but there is always going to be the problem of everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Some are very deserving (in my opinion) and some less so, I just hope that the marketplace doesn't become so flooded that the better projects miss out.

I'm also a bit worried about what this will do to the development of AG's generally. It may be that some studios will say "Why should we fund this when we can get fans to stump up at least some of the capital?". It might follow that any unknown game which can't get x hundred thousand on kickstarter is doomed before it even begins, regardless of whether it is brilliant or rubbish.