View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #22
thejobloshow

Replay Games (the handsome ex-Sierra geniuses behind the Larry Kickstarter) have already reached out to Scott Murphy for the possibility of another Space Quest. Mark Crowe is currently employed by another developer so he's most likely not to jump on board with the idea, however, Scott Murphy and Josh Mandel is a lethal combination for a killer adventure game.

I like it, but.... does everything need to be on Kickstarter? Surely some of these games can attract investors on the power of their IP alone? If the Al Lowe and Jane Jensen Kickstarters prove to be successful, along with Doublefine, doesn't this prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there's some money to be made in this genre?

Anyway, to get back on point - this isn't REALLY an adventure game but it does tip toe that line - if Frédérick Raynal kickstarted a Little Big Adventure 3 then 2012 will go down as the greatest year in gaming for me since 1998. Seriously, that's the one I'm holding out the crazy bucks for and I know Raynal has been trying to bring the franchise back.