View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #19
chrissie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
you are right but you must consider than i live in Egypt where just to stress on women role into the normal action of life,media,politics....etc would be considered a Feminism action, for example we do not have one Female minister, so when when riot pushes one to go for that position then it is a feminist action .... i know it might be weird ...
when Wizarbox tend to make three Adventures in row with Female heroes ,i didnt think (imo) its just a coincidence
I think many of us come from a culture where women are recognised as having the intelligence & abilites to contribute to society & the economic & political world on a par with their male counterparts. It's a tough road for the women that get to the top & there are still very many who prefer to live their life in a traditional role! But the opportunities are there & I don't see the games as deliberately feminist but just reflecting the freedom of choice for, & capabilites of, women that exist in many parts of the world. From that point of view I don't see anything unusual or deliberate about having 3 female heroes - I just see the games as stories the developer wanted to tell that better suited using female protagonists! I can see though, from the culture you're from, why you have a different view.

I've just played more than 3 games in a row with male leads - it all balances out!