View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #93
Banter

Hey Josho, I noticed you were just online. If you are reading this thread, could you please comment on this?

Quote:
"I’ve tried that [to get access to the IP] a number of times over the years. I have several pretty developed pitches that I’d taken to them at one time or another. Sometimes it just depends who is actually sitting in the licensor chair at any given moment and I’ve never caught that right moment, when it’s the right person sitting in the chair. So I think from my most recent discussions with them... they’re going to want to see we’re established and we’ve shipped a product. So I think there’s a good chance of that happening maybe next year."
This is from Jane Jensen concerning Gabriel Knight 4. It seems like pretty much the same situation you and Al Lowe had when trying to get the license for a new Larry. Can you please elaborate on what is the rationale behind these executives being so uptight?

I don't know how to put it better, but it sounds really "bizarro world like" and "monty pythonesque" to ask that you guys prove yourselves before getting your hands on the licenses. Don't these suits know that you were the people that made these games they are sitting on in the first place? I mean, seriously.