View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #1702
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
Spoiler:
I hate this ending the most While all of the endings force you to suddenly agree, at least in part with the Reaper solution, the synthesis ending disappointed on a number of levels. It was even more of a last minute solution that came from nowhere than the crucible its self was. It felt like a betrayal of everyone's sacrifice to force them to marry the reapers at the DNA level. And its depiction was lacklustre, given the earlier Geth Consensus mission and ME2's Overlord DLC. As if they intentionally chose to lessen its significance by minimising the visual differences. Even more of a magical everything-is-better-now ending than the Jesus Shepard ascending in place of everyone else and delaying the wrath of a know-it-all God Reaper ending was.
Spoiler:
And it's actually what Saren wanted you to do in the first game.

I get all the criticism and I agree to an extent. But I'm not so dissatisfied with it that I'd whine and bitch about it on the internet for weeks and months...

Quote:
If you're referring to the demand for a new ending, I agree. If you're referring to the vociferous criticism of the endings, then I disagree. Bioware actively sought this kind of engaged fanbase and they chose to work in a medium that allows for player interaction, including the possibility of multiple endings.
I'm DEFINITELY referring to the demand for a new ending. But I'm also referring to all the criticism.
Having "ten minutes of suck" after "40+ hours of awesome" (and in this particular case even 120+ hours) doesn't deserve THIS amount of criticism. Even if you hate the ending, it doesn't destroy everything that came before.
Be disappointed all you want, but up until the last ten minutes, this was the best trilogy of all time.
Everyone has the right to criticise the ending. Even I'm criticising it to an extent. But just because you hate the ending doesn't give you the right to hate everything else about it too. THAT is why I say those guys are "whiny bitches".