View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Ark7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
My only complaint is the lack of transparency with the project. Reading their Kickstarter page, you never would know that this remake was already announced and was presumably going ahead before the whole Kickstarter craze began. Which makes it look like Kickstarter was just a way for the creators to save their own money and shift all the risk on to the fans.
They try to explain it in FAQ at the bottom of the page but I am not convinced and that is one of the main reasons I will not support that campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhi View Post
I get the feeling that if she had just picked one game herself, and said "here I need 300K to make Moebius" (or GM2), then a lot more people would have contributed. The idea of putting 3 options out to vote (and the Anglophile game is scaring a lot of folks from backing it), and then saying, well you aren't paying for the game, but for 1 year of subscription (which, unless the backing skyrockets, will be that same game only) just confused a lot of people.
Yes, many people can be confused I guess. Well - I understand what is it about and I have supported it because I studied it carefully and it seems to me as a good deal. But I think that successful Kickstarter campaign that asks for big amounts of money needs also address casual gamers and I'm afraid they will not study the conditions as hardcore fans.

So it is quite possible that one (or both) of these project will fail eventually. I hope that Tex will not make similar mistakes.

Last edited by Ark7; 04-08-2012 at 12:10 AM.