View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Luther10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhi View Post
I get the feeling that if she had just picked one game herself, and said "here I need 300K to make Moebius" (or GM2), then a lot more people would have contributed.

The idea of putting 3 options out to vote (and the Anglophile game is scaring a lot of folks from backing it), and then saying, well you aren't paying for the game, but for 1 year of subscription (which, unless the backing skyrockets, will be that same game only) just confused a lot of people.

Its good that the vote has been brought forward. I'm hoping a lot more people back the project after it's done.

The kids ebook is not helping either. They were working on it anyway and thought why not add it to the kickstarter as a free goodie, but thats scaring folks too, who are now wondering whether more kids/casuals are down the line. They might have got more backing had they just left it out altogether.
Completely agreed with you... the inclusion of that childrens game at the kickstarter page is disastrous

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis