View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
Puzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissie View Post
Its not unusual for the protagonists in many adventure games to be strong females but they do mostly tend to be portrayed as perfectly proportioned, young & beautiful!
Almost the same thing could largely be said about male heros too. Most heros, male or female, are young and at least decent looking. In adventure games it's usually young, smart looking guys as opposed to the physically strong heros with perfect abs you see in action games. But very rarely is the hero a fat slob.

The main difference is guys don't really care. They don't take issue with the fact most heros in action games have huge muscles and a perfect body that is nearly impossible to have in real life (especially not by playing video games.) Whereas lots of women create a storm over barbie dolls, says it hurts girls self-esteem. But what about Ken?

But you know what you NEVER see in adventure games: a black guy (or girl) as the main hero. Can anyone name one? I know in actions games there are some, but I don't think I've ever seen it in an adventure game.

Last edited by Puzzler; 04-07-2012 at 07:15 PM.