Adventure Forums - View Single Post - Kickstarter fatigue
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #57
Gabe
Schättenjager
 
Gabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhi View Post
How about something like this: If you pledge 10K you get 1% of the profits + all previous tier rewards.

So, if the game goes on to make half a million (after deducting expenses), the backer gets 5K back. If its a mega hit, the backer might even make a profit.

If they limit the tier to 10 backers, the developers can raise 100K, and will have to part with 10% of profit at the end. They can keep the remaining 90%.

I don't know about the legalities involved, but it might entice more people to pledge at higher levels.
If only Schafer made so.
__________________
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. Security is mostly a superstition.
It does not exist in nature." ---Helen Keller
Gabe is offline