View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #293
LauraKat

Does anyone else find the reward system for the lower three tiers to be a bit confusing?

I think many people are just going to want to use this as a preorder for the games and not be concerned with getting the music, beta testing or design documents. I'm personally not in that boat but I have been for other games I've supported on kickstarter where I'm less invested in the genre, designer etc.

So here's my issue with the rewards.

Issues 1: If it were guaranteed to just be one game I'd pay my $16 and be happy, but because there's a chance a second game will be made that makes the decision a bit more difficult.

The second game will only be made if the kickstarter reaches $600k so I'd probably pledge $16 and up my pledge if it goes over $600k. The problem is that's a lot of potential money that could be the difference between it reaching 600k or not.

So yeah, that's a problem but I'm not really sure what the solution is on that one.

Issues 2: If I did decide to take the risk and up my pledge, I'd have to jump up to $50 to get two game. 16+16=32 so I wouldn't be happy about paying $50 for two when I only care about the games and not the other rewards.

I think it would be good to have another reward level of say $30 that includes the whole season of games, which will be either 1 or 2 games, but not the other rewards. I'm not including the eBook here as even though I personally think it's super cute (love the artwork!) I don't think it's can really be considered on par with the other two potential games.