View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #288
LauraKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stheo View Post
I stand corrected on the coverage, seems like quite a few sites picked it up actually. A few major ones are still silent though (giantbomb, gametrailers, kotaku, destructoid, joystiq) Also as already suggested getting tweets from trusted industry people might help, but that's a bit hard to control. (here's hoping notch is secretly a huge Jensen fan!)
If anyone wants to help get the story on Joystiq, you can send a tip on their website:

http://www.joystiq.com/contact/tips/

I wish I'd thought to do that while the countdown was still running.

I definitely agree that the Gabriel Knight brand should be mentioned more. A lot more people will recognise Gabriel's name over Jane's.

As an example, the blurb for the kickstarter is

Quote:
A year of adventure games from master storyteller Jane Jensen. Join the Pinkerton Road studio family.
Why not change it to something like.

Quote:
A year of adventure games from master storyteller Jane Jensen, creator of the acclaimed Gabriel Knight series. Join the Pinkerton Road studio family.
The same goes for us when we're posting the story on facebook, twitter, forums etc.

I also just wanted to say that I loved the video, and I've seen multiple people post that it was Raleigh that sold them on the project.

I pledged $260. It was pushing the budget a bit but the open house invite with the Scarlet Furies concert convinced me. That was taking a big leap for me though because I live in New Zealand. My husband is from the U.S. and we're due to visit his family which is the only reason why I thought it might be possible to get there for it. He did seem a little suspicious when I enthusiastically suggested we go visit them next year hehe.

Anyway my point is with a lot of fans living in Europe and probably not being able to make the open house and concert, it's actually a very big jump from $100-$250/$260 to just get a poster. It would be good to have a tier in between the two with another reward. Possibly a boxed, old school style physical copy of the game. Personally I'd really love something signed. Maybe there could be a limited number tier that includes a signed poster?