View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #249
KatieHal
Phoenician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
Maybe you should have "exploited" Jensen's name a bit more for Cognition? You know, use the big name to attract the masses...
Possibly, but I honestly think we publicized that game as much as we reasonably could have. And I'm entirely convinced that if we ran it right now, in the "post-Tim Schafer" world, it would raise more than it did back then. I mean, at the time, the highest amount raised for a video game KS was a little over 100K. Our campaign, which ended at just over $34K, was No. 8 in the most funded list for a while. Now? We're number 16, and we'll be dropping quickly as more campaigns complete their run.

I'm still quite proud of how much we raised--it wasn't 3 million, but it got us started and we'd be in a big fix without that. We may someday kickstart another project, who knows--a lot depends on how well Cognition does when we release it.

And hey, if you missed donating then, just keep an eye out for when pre-orders open up!

(Or donate to Jane. I'll just say her campaign succeeding would also be good for us!)