View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #244
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Whew, this thread is moving like a freight train - seems that Jane Jensen has some serious pull in this forum...

While I haven't played any of the Gabriel Knight games yet (I've only played Gray Matter which I liked well enough), I'm still convinced this is a project that should succeed. Jensen is a big household name and has made some of the most beloved adventure games of all time (I don't need to have played them to recognise this).
While I can understand that a lot of you want a fourth Gabriel Knight game, that's just not going to happen in the immediate future because of the Licensing Hell.
With this in mind, why isn't there more love for Moebius (which sounds as close to a Gabriel Knight game as is humanly possible), Gray Matter 2 (a sequel to a game that held a lot of potential) or Anglophile (which sounds innovative in nature)?
In the adventure genre, ANY new game by a known developer with a good reputation should be applauded. Especially since this Kickstarter shows more of the games that are going to be made than Double Fine ever did. Jensen KNOWS what games she wants to make. Imo, that deserves a lot more funds than the vague concept coined by Schafer.

I've been pretty vocal about not funding DFA before, and I *probably* won't fund this one either - still prefer buying the game when it's out - but if there's ONE Kickstarter campaign that has piqued my interest, then it's this one.
I love the prospect of getting three entirely different games from a well loved developer.

I'll follow this Kickstarter closely. If it looks like they're going to hit a million dollars, then I'm not funding, but if they're struggling to reach 300K+, THIS will be the project I'd back.