View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #196
TheLongestJourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
I don't know what some people have against the Anglophile game. Conspiracy theories and stuff can be fun, but I'd love to see Jensen try her hand at something different, and a period drama with some strong characters and social interactions could be fun.
Yes I'm not alone!

People here are so hung up on Gabriel Knight 4. I don't understand it. I have played and enjoyed the first two games and they are great no doubt about that. But why do we always need sequels upon sequels? This is exactly what is wrong with the mainstream gaming industry. This is why I was so excited to fund Doublefine's adventure because I know the game will be good no matter what the subject matter. For the same reason I would have supported this game if all she told us was that the gameplay was going to be a traditional point and click adventure because I have faith in her ability to write a good plot with great characters.

I really think there needs to be more developed romantic relationships in video games so having a game where that is the sole focus of the plot really appeals to me.