View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #186
Kurufinwe

I really love the video. It's great and fun. And the three games look nice. I wouldn't mind a few more details, but I'm sure we'll get those in due time. In those Kickstarter things, you have to keep some cards up your sleeve to keep the interest going over the length of the period; note also that voting for which game to make first will occur before the end of the drive, so I guess people will be able to know exactly what they're pledging for before it ends.

I don't know what some people have against the Anglophile game. Conspiracy theories and stuff can be fun, but I'd love to see Jensen try her hand at something different, and a period drama with some strong characters and social interactions could be fun.

I also wouldn't be too worried about the pledges starting slowly. Bear in mind that it's the middle of the day here in the US and people are at work and don't necessarily have the time to watch the video, read everything and make up their minds. It won't reach the amounts that Double Fine Adventure got, but unless it doesn't even reach 10% of the required amount in 24 hours, there's no reason to get worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
I am a die-hard fan and I will only be able to pledge next week, for instance.
Note that no money is taken from your account until the end of the Kickstarter drive (and only if the required amount is reached). So you could pledge now even if you don't have the money; all that matters is that you have it by May 19th.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]