View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #180
Lhurgoyf

I never played GK1 (only read a novel), and also never played GK2. But I played and absolutely adored GK3. To this day, I consider it the best adventure game ever made with it's intriguing mystery, atmosphere, music, and masterful dialogues.

I would actually never pledged the money to Tim Schaffer/Ron Gilbert (unless it's a new Monkey Island) - I'm not convinced in Double Fine's ability to make an beautiful graphic adventure game (their previous games used just run-of-the-mill 3D graphics) and also, they were aimed at the pre-teenage kids demographics.

Al Lowe's Larry just looks plain stupid to me. Only played the 7th game and I didn't like it too much... I guess since this is going to be a remake, the humour will be a bit outdated too.

I played two Tex Murphy games and I liked it, but it's just too much risk to pledge money thinking that someone can make an enjoyable FMV game in this day and age without being ridiculously cheesy and outdated. It worked back then, but now, it can be a disaster.

The only thing I can almost hundred percent be sure of, is Jane Jensen's ability to create intriguing mature adventures, with great visual style and dark atmosphere. You have my money Jane. I will be pledging 50 - 100$ soon.