View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #164
mgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
She's asking 300K for 3 games. I'm not sure why exactly do you think she will become uncle Scrooge if the goal is reached. Granted, I think she will get more than that but I am sure the money will be used on the games.

We are talking about a serious and proven developer here. A household name. Not some guy in a trenchcoat that tried to sell you a farm on the moon when you passed him by on a dark alley.
What I'm saying is, she can't lose. And because she made a game that was revered back in the 90's, people are willing to give away their money. It's kind of like investing in the stock market, except if the stock goes up you don't really gain anything other than lunch with Jane Jenson. (and that's only if you contribute 10,000 dollars!)

I'm not saying she's not sincere, and I'm not trying to troll here. I also hope folks that contribute get their moneys worth. It's certainly none of my business what people do with their money. I just find it kind of odd that people are so willing to part with their cash so easily on a product that hasn't been proven thus far.