View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #36
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

I think Kickstarter is a great idea! As others have said, it's ideal for independent developers to get their ideas/projects funded without a publisher around their necks. I'm surprised there are adventure fans complaining about it when the genre has been struggling the way it has! I would have thought that if some form of help or solution comes along, it would be embraced?

I also like the idea of devs getting their fans involved and asking what THEY want. Sure, artists should make what THEY want, but I'd rather devs get their fans involved, and care what they have to say, as apposed to some greedy devs giving gamers what they think they want.

Also, YOU can choose what to fund. You don't have to fund every new project that appears, just the ones that interest YOU.

So far I've only backed the Double Fine Adventure, but I'll be lending a hand with the Tex Murphy one, too.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour