View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #32
Fien
Senior *female* member

It seems to me many people are discovering Kickstarter when I'm already on my way out. Goods not being delivered, no reply to public/private questions, etcetera. I've been burned enough. Not just financially. Yeah, it's all about trust and I'm looking at you too, Andrew Plotkin, with your three dollar iPhone game that is showing no progress whatsoever. I never thought twice about supporting you. After all, you're well-known in the IF community. But someone who after 16 months has the bloody arrogant nerve to post in public: Let's assume that if I had a release date to announce, I'd announce it, okay? (I wish I didn't have to explain that every time.) doesn't deserve the $30,000 he got from his backers.

And then Double Fine came along... I loved the hype, I pledged a lot of money, and I have no doubt they will deliver, they can't afford not to. But it hasn't changed anything for me. I will support a new Tex Murphy game, and that's it. No more Kickstarter for me.* I just hope that people will not only donate to the Big Names, the sequels and remakes.

*Unless Jordan Mechner makes an appearance. I would sell my jewellery for a sequel to The Last Express. That's not going to happen, I know...