View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #61
diego

Good news - Great author is back. Another adventure game studio. The genre is alive and kickin' like never before (ok, LIKE before)! I'm actually getting messages from friends who were "adventure-haters" to tell me "news" about new Larry, Kickstarter campaigns... And i say to them: Yeah, so what - the genre was never dead.

Bad news: I don't want to choose the next game. I don't want to see how you design it. The line must be drawn somewhere. Sometimes, i might want to peak into the development process but that's absolutely irrelevant to make the big deal out of it. You could just read in the magazine or see the development blog if you're interested, and that is enough.

Developers should make the game because they WANT to make it! Because they have the urge to make it. That's the only way of bringing the true quality, just like with music, movies... "Give me that much money and i will make that kind of game, give me a little more and the game might be better..." or "I WILL make that game if you tell me to make it, but otherwise i might just make some other game" are not quite the ways to go. They offer possibilities yes, and i'm not saying there's no "honesty" in it, but the developer should know exactly how and why they want to express themselves.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!