View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
TerminusEst
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Toonstruck - I have tried to get it running on my old Windows XP computer, tried to get it running on Windows 7. Tried DosBox, D-Fend, Virtual machines. No luck! I've heard so much about it and am sure I will enjoy it when I finally get it working.
Toonstruck should work fine with ScummVM. Have you tried that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
King's Quest 1,2 and 4 - I know, I know: classics! must play! The first KQ game I played was V and haven't been able to bring myself go backwards except for a brief sojourn with the KQ3 remake, which I found frustrating with its dead ends and random deaths. The AGD remakes look appealing and I enjoyed the QFG ones, but they never get the character portraits quite right. Excuses excuses!
I'm in a similar situation. I've been thinking of giving AGD Interactive's trilogy of remakes a shot. Some people might call that a travesty but these games are truly very old and unforgiving... at least too old and unforgiving for my infirm psyche.

My list is way way way too long. It comprises about half of the Top 100. Chipping away at it as we speak, however

Edit: Winterfury beat me to the ScummVM suggestion.

Last edited by TerminusEst; 04-02-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Not goot at grammar.