View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:01 AM   #7
Adventurere No.1
Advie.1

also i think if you look at old schools and modern adventures you see they are somehow suggesting one of the biggest questions out there in our life "are we manipulated, or do we have the choice?"

.. most of Lucas and Sierra's Adventures had had from the start, huge areas that you can explore freely which always gave you the choice, and to do one thing (solve a puzzle) before another ,just fine .

but new/modern Adventures always tend to direct you somehow!, therefor i can say, they somehow oblige you to do one thing to get an access to another; area/puzzle ... and so on.
it seems mostly that they only give you the little choice to wander between something like 6-8 areas/screens until you can figure out what the heck the developer suggests! ..... and then the game playing would (eventually/thankfully) transpose you to the whatever is next !

P.S ... if someone wants to put his hands on exactly what i am referring/suggesting then better try to remember or replay KQ4 .... when everything in that game was right there in front of you from very beginning ...

(IMO) ..Aaahh ,how i miss those games of those good old days

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 03-28-2012 at 07:34 AM.