View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Judging from the games/episodes I've played so far, I must say I kind of like the company but I do not expect great things from them, especially with their current trend.

Played Sam and Max S1 and half of S2 which were fine with some great moments here and there. TOMI was OK as an adventure game but, for me, a complete disaster as a Monkey Island installment (had pretty much the same feelings as for EFMI). The tone, characters and humour were all wrong, not surprising since it had the same guys as EFMI behind it ("Lair of The Leviathan" was the only episode I found genuinely funny and it was done by someone else).

Wallace and Gromit were good enough, not great, but I find they did a good job conveying the original's spirit and motifs in the story, characters and puzzles. Then, first episode of Back to The Future was quite underwhelming so I never followed up on that nor do I intend to.

I plan on someday finishing the S&M trilogy (already bought them on sale) but Telltale seem to have been on the decline, from a creativity point of view, and I am not so interested in their recent/upcoming output. It's also quite curious that they haven't produced a single piece of original IP yet and their licenced catalogue just seems to be moving from lesser known IPs to widely popular ones.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora