View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Adventurere No.1
Advie.1

Default Sequels that are up to the Original/1st !

It commonly to see sequels always way below the Original Game , when a sequel is released i cross my fingers and wish it would be better or at least equal to the Original.
of course there are exceptions ,Riven was much way better than Myst (just an opinion) same with LeChuck's Revenge, Day of the Tentacle,The Beast Within ...!

But on the other hand Sequels like Still Life 2 and Dreamfall , Secret Files 2... (endless list of Sequels) were very disappointing , maybe they would had been great Games on their own, but in this situation you just can not avoid comparison .

The only Adventure Series that maintained a proper value for each Sequel was Monkey Island , even the Taletale episodes were up to them.

Surely the Quest's Games from Sierra's had their up and downs too, i can not put my hands on one title that gave me always reliable Sequels ALL the way.

P.S: Surely i have mentioned my taste here ,games mentioned cannot be taken as absolute , some will agree and some would recommend/suggest others.

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 03-23-2012 at 10:43 AM.