View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
ozzie

I'd rather call it creepy than horrible. It's like you're controlling Rayman, but in first person and your hands look realistic. This is really off putting and while they go to some length to achieve more realism in other ways (like the map that is drawn while you're walking around), they couldn't afford some arms for some reason. It's no Mirror's Edge is what I'm saying. I guess arms would complicate things with the motion controls, but still, being floaty and disembodied just doesn't fit the style of the rest of the game.
And the bit on the glacier, where you have to decide which part of the ice you want to break, really dampened my enthusiasm about it. If this is the kind of interactivity that will be on offer, then no thanks. Deciding between saving a person or getting an achievement for Playstation Network? This is NOT what gamers mean when they talk about their wish for more meaningful choices in games. What's the point? Also, the scene seemed like an obvious show-off for the capabilities of the hardware, but there wasn't anything else to it. I wonder if this will be more than a tech-demo. Maybe we'll see some puzzles made for this interface? I could imagine some, but can the developers?

Last edited by ozzie; 03-16-2012 at 05:43 PM.