View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #36
Adventurere No.1
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewuz View Post
I use walkthrough only when I'm really stuck. I'm quite new in adv genre, but I'm already noticing how experience is building up and I need to use those less every time.
When I use wt, i dont feel its cheating. Games for me are fun and if some puzzle is rather maddening (not logical, not explained what to do etc), then wt (or preferably some kind of hint system) can save the experience by allowing me to continue.

All that said, I just started to do something I never thought I would - playing an adventure with walkthrough. The game is "The Moment of Silence"! The reason is not puzzles (although I've already encountered stupid pixel huntings of finding accessible areas and objects) but the speed of game! Really - getting from point to another takes so much time that I can't afford myself to visit places 5 times looking the next "click".
i agree big time with the case of "The Moment of Silence" this game seemed for me like Riven in rd person perspective ... but i tried as much as i can through the whole game to kill my temptations and give a peek into the walkthrough, but with no doubt and with no regrets, later ,i did ...! the code interpretation for the elevators , and setting of the parabolic dishes at end ...