View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 AM   #4041
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

John Carter - 2.5 / 5

John Carter turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Granted, I had expected something atrocious, but still...
There's obviously a large amount of lore present behind everything in the movie (although they burn far too fast through most of it) and somehow I was reminded of Star Wars at a lot of points (including the music and a pod race). Either they were looking at Star Wars when writing this, or George Lucas was looking at "A Princess of Mars" for part of his writing...
The pace of the film is a bit uneven, however, and Lynn Collins is doing an all too obvious Xena routine (although I must say she looks good while doing so).
I really wanted to give this three stars, but I'm objective enough to know that it was because John Carter was better than I had expected, not because the film actually deserved it...