View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
LeSin

Resurecting this old thread with the power of necromancy, since nobody seems to have given an answer yet. I've played this game many moons ago and just reinstalled it last night and i remembered wondering for the longest time why i was having this problem and all my google search didn't turn anything up, so I thought i'd share my findings with every one, so there's at least an answer out there.

The mac version of this game has a very nasty bug where the game somehow doesn't 100% inhibit the existence of the Mac menu bar at the top. The one with the mac icon and all the menu items. Dunno what it's called. You can't see it, but trust me, it's there. What happens then is if you go up there with your mouse, and *click*, your computer now registers finder as the "active" screen and the game A Vampyre Story ceases to recognize any and all key strokes. Mouse still works, you can play, but you can't ESC to the menu to save, you can't space bar to skip anything, and the only way to exit the game is to opt cmd esc out.

You can actually confirm this by trying it out, when you go and click where the apple menu bar is within the game, notice your mouse icon. Notice the regular mouse cursor is kinda half hidden in there, flashing in and out of existence.

And that's why that happens.

I don't think a fix will ever see the light of day for this, so just be careful.

Also, it would seem the sequel is getting more and more unlikely as time goes :/, a sad day. I would love to continue this adventure.