View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #17
ADan
overall swell guy

Advenurere, you're not making it easy for people to participate in this your preliminary process of a poll:

First you set some rules/criteria, then you change said rules/criteria, then you don't want to discuss the criteria, then you suddenly want to discuss the rules...

I don't really know where you're going with this.

Here are some ways how you could pose the polling question:

"What is your all time favorite single AG hero (player character)?"

"Which are your all time favorite heros (player characters)(multiple answers)?"

"Which of the following in your opinion is the single best crafted AG hero (player character) of all times?"

"Which of the following heros are amongst the best crafted heros (player characters) of all time (multiple answers)?"

There is *no* such thing as a "Best Adventure Hero". At least not as long as there are *no criteria* but personal taste involved. Of course "well crafted" could narrow choices down a bit, yet it would be a matter of discussion what "well crafted" is.

I'm really sorry but if this is going to be about favorites I'm not interested. The outcome will hardly be surprising (except maybe the ranking of possibly twenty different characters *if* the sample group will exceed 1000 participants but even then - to be honest - I wouldn't give a toss).
It wouldn't have any significance beyond the fact that some people like one particular character more than another.

Well, I guess rankings aren't for me. I'd rather discuss why one or the other character can be considered "better crafted" than others.

So, please don't take this as an offense. It's just the way I see it.

Cheers, Dan.