View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #760
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvio View Post
You give me way too much credit!
Dude, I'm a hack
I'd point out that recording an album and performing live are two completely different animals, of course there is a point where they have to meet, but still, even the greats don't play note for note what they record, much less all the multi layered stuff.
I dunno, just want something to do I guess, my band is on hiatus, for a long time now, and I'm just itching to get something going.
HACK: Let me be the judge of that.

LIVE: And I love live variations of songs and pieces. Prog rockers largely stick to the parts as written/recorded, but I listen to a lot of stuff where things get switched up on stage as well, so no surprises there. I love improv now and then. That's pretty much how I play all of my solos. Not a lot of rehearsal, and each take is different. One day I'll stitch together a Gilmour Frankensolo from multiple takes, like on Comfortably Numb, just to see if I can do it.

HIATUS: I totally know what you mean. That's part of the reason I've been recording all of this music on my own. The band (Etcetera) has been in mothballs since 2006. So I've been recording 'solo'/Thesis tunes for the last few years on my own, or with Gary's help when he's available.

I PM'd you. Drop me a line and we'll discuss it further.