View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Adventurere No.1
Advie.1

1st Pyke Thanks alot for taking the effort and the time to reply seriously to this thread .. i guess you had answered all the questions with an almost fulfilling way.

if i need to comment on your answers i would say generally they tend to be optimistic, which is great of course ,but lets look at it in the way of (you know) sad but true; what you said about rock music yes Indie bands have found new platforms that can keep them alive and rocking ,but is it the same as the classic rock days of Deep Purple and Black sabbath?!! ,NO! its tends only to give an easy meal that targets the new generations and neglects the real rockers and metal heads just for selling it for more the to mass spectators instead of creating the ART that should/was .
they only claim and see what they(spectators ) would like and play on those hotspots intentionally. like a fake word with no feelings!

same as new adventures due to that most of the new generation who grew up after Sierra and LucasArts where long way forgotten , and if you remember (Surely) why they Quit ; simply because Ken and Roberta decided to the leave the scene when they are on the top of it, and Lucas got really disappointed of the sales of Grim fandango (at that time) when he had gave it all he had and couldn't compete with the earlier success of King quest 6 , so he called it an adventure and gave up.

anyways what i mean that developers at that time tended with all passion to do great (Original) Art in the 1st place not to search for profit , but nevertheless they cant stand to lose or then how can they gain what can make them go on!.. and the strangest thing (for GF) that became the number one game of all time after 13-14 years of its production.....AND THAT WAS WE NEED ,developers and Publishers who got the balls to do the right thing even if the market is going wrong.
Indie adventures has these elements but they dont have the funds and production! ,they believe in what they are doing ,they even take 6-8 years to develop one game just for the love of it...

Maybe we need to support them MORE and let the new generation who would turn their back on an adventure because they watched/read its preview and found that the pics of the game has pixels or no voice overs ...... uaah!.. its terrible!.

at the end i dont want to end up growing old and start only playing those old Classics , like what happened with me in Rock Music; and i still listen (Only) to Bands like Zepplin and Iron Maiden and Judas...etc , and have NOO idea or desire for the current Rock scene because Simply it IS so Bad.

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 03-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.