View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Pyke

-is that how the future of Adventure gaming will end up?

Yes! The future of AG's is in the hands of the fans-and honestly I couldn't think of a better place for a genre of games to be in.

Rock music has only grown from strength to strength as Indie bands have found platforms with iTunes and various other distribution platforms. The same is happening with indie games.

I think that where we now in gamedev is as close as we have ever been to the birth of computer games. When companies like ID and 7th Realm were born. Duke Nukem, Doom, Commander Keen-games that not only defined genres, but defined and entire industry. Those were made my passionate individuals, with a love for what they did-a desire that wasn't fuelled by money, but by a pure love of creating.

-will the developers of those indie games get funded or sponsored?

I think that an indie can grow their business naturally. I think that things like Kickstarter are fantastic, but not essential to an indies business model. Personally, I'm self funding STASIS, and hopefully if the game is profitable, can use those profits to drive the next game (which I could do Full Time).

-are the developers of games like BoUT and all those Big productions will get back to the core of adventure games and learn from those independent's ?

I would love to see larger companies take on Adventure Games-but I dont know if that will happen. The market for adventure games is too small to support massive companies. While Double Fines 2 million is astounding, when you are running a large company, that money burns through quickly.
They will be profitable, but not 'as profitable' as with a more main stream genre.

-would i prefer an Indie game with low Graphics and (maybe) No Voice acting (but with interesting story and good game playing) more than its opposite?

See-I don't understand why an indie game should have low end graphics and no voice acting. Indies need to push themselves. Create the best graphics you can. Get the community involved in Voice Acting. It CAN be done. Just because you are independent, doesn't mean that production value should go out the window.

-do we need more remakes of the (Old) Classic games to be presented with a modern style for new generation of adventure players ?

NO! Leave the classics alone. They dont need a more modern style. That would just stagnate the genre. We need NEW games, NEW classics, NEW characters. The RPG industry would have died a long time ago if everyone remade Wasteland and D&D.

-are adventure games is general becoming A cliché,with the same trades (the door is locked! ... i cant reach that! ... can not make anything the room is so dark! ....etc) ..?

That all comes down to the designers. There are people out there pushing the idea of 'what is an Adventure Game?'.
But for people wanting a new and exciting game mechanics, they arent going to come from studios. They are going to come from indies. AMNESIA could NEVER have been made by anyone who was not an indie developer.

- and at last do we need a revolution in adventure gaming something like MI or Myst or TLJ to can break all the repetitive engine of nowadays adventure gaming ?

I don't think so. I cant see Adventure Games going through a massive revolution, because Adventure Gamers don't want that. The reason Double Fine did so well was because they are making a CLASSIC POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE GAME. But there is nothing wrong with that.