View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #2142
Kurufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - I've recently started the investigation of the fifth and final case. Question: why is it that now - in the last case - the option to 'thoroughly' examine items has become available? Y'know, being able to rotate items 360 degrees to find clues.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but in case you're not, the reason is that the 5th case was added specifically for the DS version and introduced a few new things that were not present (or possible) with the original GBA game, including manipulating items.

Another thing that I remember felt jarring when first playing that case is that it requires you to present items to characters to get new conversation topics, which is something that you almost never did in the first four cases. That was not a technical innovation, just a gameplay mechanics that was used a lot in the second and especially third game, and that they used when making the new fifth case, even though players almost never had to use it in the first 4 cases of that game.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]