View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #45
TopCat

Wo, wo, wo, wo, wo... Wait a minute... I am not saying that it's good because "a corporation says it's good". I am saying it's good, because I've got no problem with it AT ALL and also because some of the best developers out there ( and most of the indie devs out there too ) are using it and are saying that it's great. I can even show you some quotes from indie devs who say how good Steam/Steamworks, but why would I do that... I feel like I'm talking against a wall here, tbh

Scanning your ID card would be the absolute worst way to clarify your age/maturity, because it would require for it to be checked by a real person. So, imagine that there's a HUGE release like GTA and 1000s of ppl are submitting their ID cards, then those ppl would have to wait for hours to even start downloading the game. That's why it's called digital distribution, because all the processes are done automatically. Oh and btw, if a certain game is being sold in Germany and it is censored, how is Steam supposed to offer an uncut version of that game when such a version is not being offered at retail ?! If an uncut version is not being sold in your country then Steam has no right to sell it to you, because that might be against the law.

I've always known that adventure gamers are conservative people, but never thought that they're THAT conservative.

Last edited by TopCat; 03-01-2012 at 02:28 AM.