View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #44
kuze
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Please, share with me a REASONABLE AND EASY way to prove your maturity, PLEASE... Are you gonna scan your ID card or s.th ??! Those games were censored for a reason and that's because of the German ratings system and their laws. Do you really think that 2K, EA, Activision, etc would bother cutting content from their games if there was another way out of this situation ?!?

Steamworks is connected directly to the steam clieant and in a way to your own account.

As I said, it's your loss. Don't try to convince me, PLEASE. For me it's enough that developers like Bethesda and Gearbox are supporting Steam and Steamworks. That says it all.

If you choose not to support it you'd probably miss out on some awesome games like Borderlands 2 and Daedalic's new game The Dark Eye: Chains Of Satinav.

Oh and BTW Alan Wake managed to recoup its costs within the first 48 hours of being on sale... Wow, Steam's bad...
Way to argue on the internet! You a) cry about "ppl bashing steam", but after encountering some coherent and well-founded arguments against steam you b) fail to comprehend any of them. After ozzie's clarification you c) refuse to discuss it further, saying you're right, because big companies support Steam, too. "If a corporation says its good, how can it be bad for the consumer in any way?!"

As for your question about reasonable authentication: it has been said (and said again) right above your post. Yes, scanning your ID would be one way to deal with it (this is already being done by numerous online retailers). To make it easier for both parties, you use your electronic ID, which most Germans have already. This is a sentence to test if you're even reading what I'm saying. Put it into your computer, bingo, Steam knows you're over 18. Man, that sure is a hassle.

And Monolith: we're not saying that Steam is the root of all evil that needs to die and burn in hell with its users. Steam's a good service. By eliminating the concerns stated above, it can become a great service.

I feel like I'm talking against a wall here, to be honest.