View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

What's the point of this? Do they really think they'll bring a lot of new players into the genre? Did that happen with the Monkey Island Special Edition?

The only reason for a graphical update like this, is to please nostalgic fans of the original. I don't get it. Can't they just replay the original? So what if the graphics are dated? The game was made in the mid-90s, it should look like a game from the mid-90s.

The best thing about the Monkey Island Special Editions is the voice-overs, because Dominic Armato makes for such a great Guybrush Threepwood and Earl Boen for such a deliciously evil LeChuck. The graphical update was nice, but I pressed F10 VERY often to look at the original screens...

The same goes for movies. Instead of remaking old ones, I'd much prefer to see the old ones get more recognition. So what if it's black-and-white and the camera barely moves? Doesn't take away from the quality.

I prefer seeing time and energy put into making NEW and above all QUALITY games (and movies for that matter), instead of into rehashing old ones...

I hate remakes. Is it obvious?