View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #274
UPtimist
Life and times of...

There's the British sitcom - Outnumbered - about to start reruns here (I think), and I'm very excited about it. I accidentally started watching it in the middle of whatever season they were showing here last year, and just found it one of the funniest new series on TV. So I'm happy if I can see it from the beginning.

Reminds me somewhat of Modern Family, also surprisingly good (and also got into it from the middle, as they didn't advertise it (either) enough (plus I rarely see ads anymore), and started from like season 3 or something). I say surprisingly good, because the way they originally talked about it didn't sound so appealing (I guess with sitcoms you should never look at the setting and just watch the show).

Both do an excellent job at doing a family-with-young(ish)-kids show really funny, something which seems to be a very difficult genre of sitcoms (by other shows I've seen).

So, there.

Oh, also, love the reruns of Smack the Pony. I've seen them a couple times now, but haven't gotten old so far. One of the best British sketch shows.