View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
Adventurere No.1
Advie.1

Default Neglected Games or those were not praised enough! (Just an opinion)

when i read the Aggie Awards and found that Book of Unwritten Tales is almost mentoned pretty much every category i thought (Just My Opinion) that it doesnt worth ALL that praising ,yeaah it its a big production Adventure with all the elements of a great game Animation,Voiceovers and graphics ....etc ,..but i thought (Again just my opinion) there are some others indies with low production ;like:-
to the moon,Gemini Rue even the remake of VOB are much much more worthy,
anyways i will not get into this topic as it needs a special thread to dicuss it FAIRLY...

The point is, that through my 30 years of adventuring i came across many titles that were neglected or at least were not praised as the way they should, games that i am sure they will never be mentioned a the AG's scene of the week!! then i felt (knew) that there are 100's readers here could share me that opinion also.

So here i go, i will mention some of those that i can remember and maybe you would too:

Manhunter 1,2 were such great games in the early years of adventures, i admit they were odd and totally different from the big shots of Sierra (PQ,KQ,LSL) and LucasArts (Manic Mansion,Monkey Island,Indiana Jones) i myself turned off the 1st part when i tried just 1 min of it but when the 2nd came out (and those day a 2nd part for any game meant a big succes for the 1st not like NOW Developers making a triolgy plan from start) i played them both and since then i learnt a lesson; NOT to judge any game unless i tried it all through the way.

2nd i would like to mention (and it might be a shock) Les Manely 1(ONLY) ,also this game was such fun and great, yeah it was compared to LSL at the time and no one cared for an Adventure out of ACCOLADE ..but this game meant much fun for me.

and as for Perry Rhodan, which i know it was kindda Praised ,but not Enough not even close to what it is. as i must say that this game is the only one that came very close to to be a great SciFi Adventure Game as Blade Runner.

As also for Myst 4(Revelation) i see when people talk about the series they always mention (Big Time) Myst and Riven (which there are no Doubt about them both) but i am sure that Revelation is such a great one too and if i want to put the five Myst(s) in Order , i would choose ; Rven,Revelation,Myst,Exile,End of ages.

I know there are other games out there that some indviduals love them but they are just not a Big Shot for the mass players, so may we can help each others or maybe just me and remind or mentioned games that didnt have the credits and the praising they should had.

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 02-18-2012 at 06:15 AM.