View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #14
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I really enyojed "Edna & Harvey: The Breakout". It is not fantasy...in the traditional sense. You stumble around in an Insane Asylum, so there's lots of fantasy to go around.

I should warn you though, in case the English version also has the wrong Age restrictions. In the German version, for some reason it was rated "E for Everyone", despite Daedalic wanting a "12+" rating. It has some dark scenes that are really not for kids, and I am not saying kids under 12 can't stand a bit of darkness (I know kids have to face some scary things, or they'll always be scared. I had a discussion whether "Coraline" was really suitable for kids 6 and up. I think it is, though of course it depends on the kid.)...but this might really a bit too dark.

I hear the English translation is not that good, though. If you speak German remotely well, I recommend the German version. Subtitles are always available as a help, too.

Also, the follow up "Harvey's New Eyes" (I think it's not yet translated...so it might get a slightly different title later on) is great, though it has quite a bit more macabre touch to it, in contrast with more happy things.

And I too can recommend the first two Simon the Sorcerer games. They are great. Don't let the pixel graphics put you down - these games are awesome. And have a great humour too.

I personally love "The Longest Journey", though I know many people don't. It's an "Either you love it, or you don't game", I guess. As long as you don't blame it on that stupid rubber duck puzzle at the start, that's fine with me.

And last but not least, I can recommend the "Discworld" games. Discworld 1 has pixel graphics, but is still great. "Discworld 2" has Cartoon graphics, so this might be more your thing. However, especially with Discworld 1, people have complained about the logic of some puzzles. I can't really confirm that, as I had no problems and it made sense to me (I am good at "different" logic. Not "non-logical" logic, mind you. Just unconventional logic that still works. Also, I guess I am used to Discworld, as I read the books.). Also, Rincewind is spoken by Eric Idle in both. So if you like Monty Python, this is a real bonus.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!