View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #116
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Christ, this thread moves like an unstoppable freight train...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie
Well, I hope the credits will be sped up a notch when it comes to the "Thanks to" part!
Pun intended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat
I disagree.. If they raise $3.5M for example they won't spend them all on this one game simply because AG are not that expensive to develop. If they were as expensive to make as the AAA RPG's or the AAA shooters the AG as a genre would've become extinct a long time ago..
LA Noire was rather expensive, I would say...

...and while I didn't contribute, I would feel shafted if they didn't spend all the money on this game, even if they would spend the rest on Psychonauts 2.

But maybe the contributors could make a vote about it? We'll see...
L.A. Noire had backing by a company whose very name alone would make it sell millions. You can't go comparing the small-budgeted adventure games (which are 99% of all adventure games nowadays) to the big guns like L.A. Noire and Heavy Rain...

And I agree with TopCat that they won't be able to spend this much money on one game anyway. They've already done the groundwork for the game, so we can assume that the 400K$ was a relatively accurate goal.

While some would feel cheated if the extra funds DIDN'T go into the game, I'd reckon a lot of people would feel equally cheated if the extra funds were squandered on unimportant aspects (like an original soundtrack for the documentary) and not used to make SEVERAL quality games...

This is why I hope that they spend the money on some big name backing for the game. If they get some well-known actors for the voice-over parts, they could use that as a publicity tool and maybe get the game known outside of the adventure scene.

Plus localizations and multi-platform releases would help as well...

Basically: put the money in all the aspects that could heighten the sales number when it gets released. That way, they can use the profits this generates to make more games.

It's a great thing that they can cut out the middle meddling men. Now all they have to do is deliver a great game...