View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #96
diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolzal View Post
I also find it bizarre that they were only asking for $400,000.
That's actually a smart move - if they asked for 4 millions right away, the whole thing might not had took off as it would look less probable, thus not causing the "domino effect" that's happening now.

I'm also not that interested in the documentary but rather the game itself. There's one problem i see here - clearly, Tim and Ron knew what they're going into, and i'm sure they've prepared with all their powers every aspect of the game production in order to come up with a great game. The trouble is, if things like game engine, scope of the story and characters, general idea from start to end... is already done, it would be hard now to change those things dramatically even with the superfluous money. What i'm saying - in one month, they could be budgeting game in a scale of LucasArts classic, but what if they had something "smaller" in their minds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Not to be a downer, but let's be realistic. This is NOT a gauge of the genre's popularity per se. It's a gauge of how popular a new Tim Schafer adventure is. Those are hugely different things.
Yes, but hey - it might not be the sign of the genre's "popularity", but it looks just as another small step in something that is going on for years - whether it could be called a rerise, return of the "golden age", "resurrection", "mood" change... It might not be even that significant, but something is clearly happening that has to do with the genre. Something WAS happening even when Rockstar said: "Hey, and how about a little of those puzzles now?!", but this is clearly going to hit the headlines of more than just adventure game sites, and people, willingly or not, will finally learn about that obscure word "point-and-click".

Last edited by diego; 02-10-2012 at 07:04 AM.