View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #94
Frogacuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolzal View Post
This ignores the cult of celebrity. If it were Tony Warriner it would not have received as much of a response.
Because Tony Warriner is still making the games he wants to make. (Yes, it also helps that his games were never considered the peak of the genre).

Quote:
I too am bothered by the lack of any proof of concept or proposal, we have no idea what they intend to make, which I find really astounding.
The whole point here is that he doesn't want to have to be accountable to financiers to approve his vision. He wants to make what he wants to make. And I want to let him.

That's really the whole idea. Not revealing anything about the game itself is no accident. It's a play for creative freedom, and it's one I fully respect and admire.

Quote:
I also find it bizarre that they were only asking for $400,000. Surely if Tim Schafer came to The Adventure Company, Microids or Home Focus saying he wanted to make an adventure game on a $400k budget they'd jump at the chance.
This is surely true. But it would mean A) having someone approve his work and look over his shoulder, B) probably not getting to make the documentary, and C) end up with a smaller cut of the end product's sales.

I do hope we see a project more ambitious than whatever he was planning for $300,000.